Monday, July 1, 2013

Aging

I am officially an 80 year old woman.

You laugh, but seriously, when did I get so old? Yesterday I mentioned Avril Lavigne, and my 13 year old cousin had no idea who I was talking about. Avril Lavigne was my world when I was 13, and now 13 year olds don't even know she ever existed! I sang Sk8ter Boi and everything, and she didn't even recognize it. She also doesn't know who Hillary Duff is, and she doesn't know anything about the Britney Spears 2007 debacle (That was a hard year for both of us Britney, I feel your pain). But holy cow, I'm starting to feel obsolete. One of these days I'll be that lady who says things like, "What's new with Justin Bieber? Isn't he hip with the times?" and all the young folks will say, "Who?"

Other evidence of my old age:

I just said, "Young folks."

I have a receding gum. Because I am an old woman.

I have knee and hip problems. Sometimes my hip pops, and it makes a really loud, deep booming noise, and it's terrifying.

My bones can tell the weather! I broke my arm in 4th grade, and it's never been a problem since then. But this past year it's started to ache a couple days before big storms. I can say, in all seriousness, "There's a storm comin'. I feel it in my bones."

Eighty, eighteen, they're practically the same, right?

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say I loved this post? And also that my hip pops too and it is really loud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been telling Josh he's an old man since I learned that he gets tired at 8 p.m. There's something about you Bohmies...old souls, the lot of you.

    ReplyDelete